Calming Waters Counseling Services
A private, family-oriented mental health practice in Charlotte, North Carolina
Welcome. At Calming Waters, we focus our work on child, adolescent, adult, couples, and family therapy. We are understanding, direct, compassionate, dependable, and flexible. We work alongside clients to help resolve their past or present issues so they can feel confident, happy, and a sense of peace.
Do you ever feel “stuck”, in that life just can’t get any better? Are you a parent struggling to communicate with your child? Are you lost and don’t know where to turn or what to do? If so, we would like to help. Therapy is not always easy, but with hard work and our expertise, things can improve.
Instead of feeling sad, angry, worried, or fearful, you can start feeling happy, relaxed, and fulfilled. We offer a variety of services and many evidenced-based therapeutic approaches to address the issues you may be facing.
OUR AREAS OF SPECIALTY INCLUDE:
- Depression, anxiety, anger, and grief/loss
- Trauma and self-injurious behaviors
- Self-esteem, risky behaviors, and behavior management
- Adjustment disorders
- Parenting and discipline, child and adolescent issues
- Relationship, couples, women, men and family issues
- Substance abuse
- High conflict divorce cases
- Reunification therapy
- Play Therapy